We will send you an invoice in the next 24 hours for your first annual fee. You will automatically receive a new invoice every year 30 days before the renewal is due.
Before paying your enrollment fee, please make sure you understand the following:
- As long as you are actively enrolled, we will visit your website once per month, run a backup of its files and database, run any needed WordPress or plugin updates, and run security scans. The Security Plan does not cover updates to your content, design, or functionality of the site.
- If any issues arise during updates or any problems found during security scans, we will fix them to the degree possible.
- We are experienced in repairing sites that have been hacked. Note, however, that very rarely there is a hack that we simply cannot fix, especially if the MySQL database has been hacked (again, rare). This is especially unusual with a site that has had regular backups and updates. We will go above and beyond to try to root out the problem and eradicate it, and work with your hosting company if possible and necessary. If the hack is still not rooted out we will restore the site to its most recent backup. Occasionally (again, rarely) the hack is something that has been lying hidden for months or years and only recently exploited, and restoring to a backed up version will not help. This can happen especially if a site went for a long time in the past without backups or updates. In the very rare instance where we simply cannot repair or restore a hacked site, we will help you find someone who can, and either refund your most recent Security Plan Payment, or give you an additional year for free. You would be responsible for fees to the service you hire to remove the hack.
- As long as you pay your renewal fee on time every year, your Security Fee will not go up! You are locked in at the current pricing. If, however, you do not renew on time, you would pay the Late Enrollment Fee, and this would be your new fee every year going forward. Again, you would need to renew on time every year in order to prevent this fee from increasing.
- It is very important that you not log into your site on unsecured wifi or public computers, which make your logins vulnerable. If you have a PC, please install a good malware/anti-virus program.
In paying your enrollment fee, you are agreeing to all of the above.